Delhi election results LIVE updates: Arvind Kejriwal-led Aam Aadmi Party is poised to win 62 of Delhi’s 70 seats, leaving the BJP with just eight seats. The Congress party, which ruled Delhi for 15 years before being voted out in 2013, drew a blank. “This is a win for Mother India,” Kejriwal told his supporters at a roadshow. He waved and blew them kisses, and said he “loved the people of Delhi”. Prominent faces Manish Sisodia, Raghav Chadha, Atishi, Gopal Rai and Arvind Kejriwal emerged victorious from their respective constituencies. With AAP retaining power, it is the third straight electoral setback for the BJP after losing Jharkhand and Maharashtra elections last year. The BJP’s campaign saw heavyweights such as Home Minister Amit Shah, Prime Minister Narendra Modi, UP CM Yogi Adityanath, Bihar CM Nitish Kumar take to Delhi streets to woo voters but that appears to have had little impact on the outcome.
The party relied on its Hindu nationalist rhetoric, criticising protests against Citizenship Amendment Act (CAA) at Shaheen Bagh.
On the other hand, Opposition leaders hailed the Arvind Kejriwal’s landslide win as a defeat of the politics of polarisation and hate and a victory of inclusive politics, and said “winds of change” are blowing in the country. Leaders of non-BJP parties cutting across party lines said the poll outcome showed that elections can be fought and won on the development plank.
Delhi recorded a voter turnout of 62.59 per cent when elections were held on Saturday.
AAP inches towards 60 mark, wins 56 seats
|Party||Lead||Won 63 /70|
“Befitting Reply”: AAP’s Raghav Chadha Hits Out At BJP Over Delhi Election Result 2020
Speaking to NDTV, AAP’s Raghav Chadha today said the people of Delhi have given a “befitting reply” to the BJP. Here are the highlights of his remarks to BJP on Delhi election result.
- It was an election that we wanted to fight on issues that matter to the day to day lives of the people.
- A lot of attempts were made by our political adversaries to digress. Yet we stuck to our ground.
- People rejected the vulgarity that the BJP pursued.
- We did not get distracted, swayed away.
- I have never seen any election which is so hate-filled to the point where the CM with the biggest mandate in India’s history is called a terrorist.
- The people of Delhi have given them a befitting reply and they have understood he is the Shravan Kumar, the elder son.
- We have got a mandate to serve to Delhi. All our energies will be focused on serving Delhi.
Crime Alert TV
Prabhat Productions Cabin No.2, Singh Chamber, 11/393, Lalita Park, Laxmi Nagar, Delhi – 110092 Mobile No. 9211633386, 9811465865